Saturday 26 May 2012

Just a bit to start

I have been 'doing it myself' through necessity in all my homes, for many years. When needed I call in the professionals, but when the task is small and not difficult – I do it myself. I hope to help readers, confidently and safely tackling these small, easily managed DiY tasks. I shall offer hints and tips along the way, and as my old Dad used to say “measure twice, cut once”, then, as I got older, “Do it Yourself, Dave”.

Planned DiY Tasks:
A bit about Electricity
Replacing a fuse
Mending a fuse in the fusebox
Replacing a light fitting
Repairing a dripping tap
Mending drooping kitchen cupboard doors
Mending sagging kitchen drawers
Fitting a new toilet seat
Refitting internal door hinges
Repairing a damaged internal door
Replacing a light switch
Painting indoors
Painting outdoors
Replace a plug
Telephone extension
Fitting Hanging Baskets
Fitting Shelves
Wall papering
Fitting bathroom tiles

This list is not exhaustive and readers can submit suggestions for future tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment